Dr. Drew is dedicated to providing knowledgeable, experienced, and compassionate orthopedic and sports medicine care to Acadiana. He is one of the team doctors for the Ragin’ Cajuns. He focuses on shoulder and knee surgery, particularly: rotator cuff surgery, ACL surgery, custom shoulder replacement, custom knee replacement surgery, and Mako Roboitc surgery. His professional expertise can get you back into the game or back to a better quality of life.
Dr. Drew is married to Dr. Kim Drew, a dermatologist at Lafayette Dermatology and has three children: Austin, Cole, and Aubrey.
Professional affiliations include American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Louisiana Orthopaedic Association, Louisiana State Medical Society.
- Medical School
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans
Bachelor of Science in biology, University of Louisiana-Monroe
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
- Regional Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, Regional Medical Center of Acadiana (2011-2015)
- Acadiana Orthopedic Group at Lafayette General Southwest (2015-present)
- Accredited Fellowship at Plano & Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Dallas, TX)
- Orthopedic surgery Residency – Tulane University Health Sciences Center
- Drew OR, FA Barber, E Bava,“Patellar Tendon Allograft Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Athletes Under 25 Years of Age”, Journal of Arthroscopy June 2012
- Drew OR, FA Barber, “A Biomechanical Comparison of Tendon-Bone Interface Motion and Cyclic Loading Between Single Row, Triple Loaded Cuff Repairs and Double Row, Suture Tape Cuff Repairs Using Biocomposite Anchors”, Journal of Arthroscopy June 2012
- Drew OR, FA Barber, “ACL reconstruction in skeletally immature patients”, Minerva Orthop Traumatol 2011;62
- Barber FA, Bava ED, Drew OR, “Biomechanical testing of suture-based meniscal repair devices containing ultrahigh-molecular-weight polyethylene suture: update 2011. Journal of Arthroscopy. 2012 Jun;28(6):827-34.
Otis R. Drew, MD
Acadiana Orthopedic Center at Lafayette General Southwest
4212 West Congress Street
Lafayette, LA 70506