Orthopaedic Surgeon located in Lafayette, LA
Dr. Otis R. Drew offers his vast experience in orthopedic and sports medicine to men and women in Lafayette, Louisiana. He focuses on knee and shoulder surgery, particularly for the ACL and rotator cuff. He also provides expertise in custom shoulder replacement, custom knee replacement, and Mako™ robotic surgery.
As a Division 1 college football player and team doctor for the Ragin’ Cajuns, Dr. Drew has experience working with both professional and amateur athletes, and can empathize with your desire to recover quickly. He wants to help you get back in the game or just enjoy a better quality of life.
Dr. Drew received his undergraduate degree in biology from the University of Louisiana, Monroe and graduated from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans. He then went on to perform his residency at Tulane University Health Sciences Center.
Dr. Drew’s professional affiliations include the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, Arthroscopy Association of North America, Louisiana Orthopaedic Association, and Louisiana State Medical Society.
Prior to opening his own practice, he worked at the Regional Medical Center of Acadiana and at the Acadiana Orthopedic Group at Lafayette General Southwest. Dr. Drew has also been published in numerous well-respected professional research journals.
He’s married to Kim Drew, a local dermatologist, and has three children.
Bachelor of Science in biology, University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Medical School
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans
Tulane University Health Sciences Center
- Accredited Fellowship at Plano & Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine (Dallas, TX)
- Orthopedic surgery Residency – Tulane University Health Sciences Center
- Drew OR, FA Barber, E Bava,“Patellar Tendon Allograft Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in Athletes Under 25 Years of Age”, Journal of Arthroscopy June 2012
- Drew OR, FA Barber, “A Biomechanical Comparison of Tendon-Bone Interface Motion and Cyclic Loading Between Single Row, Triple Loaded Cuff Repairs and Double Row, Suture Tape Cuff Repairs Using Biocomposite Anchors”, Journal of Arthroscopy June 2012
- Drew OR, FA Barber, “ACL reconstruction in skeletally immature patients”, Minerva Orthop Traumatol 2011;62
- Barber FA, Bava ED, Drew OR, “Biomechanical testing of suture-based meniscal repair devices containing ultrahigh-molecular-weight polyethylene suture: update 2011. Journal of Arthroscopy. 2012 Jun;28(6):827-34.